MOBiNET envisages a new “Internet of Mobility” where transport users meet providers of next-generation mobility services. MOBiNET is a European e-market place of mobility services for business and end users. This project seeks to overcome the obstacles encountered by the widespread deployment of ITS services due to the complexity of the real world of mobility information and infrastructure, which e.g. prevents seamless coverage of services across borders throughout Europe.
The MOBiNET concept includes five key areas of innovation:
- Federated directory of all European online services for transport and mobility;
- Identity authentication and management scheme for single sign-on by any user for multiple services;
- Unified accounting & billing framework, allowing roaming by users & payment clearing between providers;
- Secure operating environment for in-vehicle and portable devices, offering (for users) a dedicated app-directory and (for service providers) access to all subscribing users;
- B2B community & marketplace for automatic negotiation of service agreements when adding extra service components and data sources to existing service offerings.
MOBiNET will open the door to harmonised services, seamless connectivity, instant access to transport data, single subscription and billing for travellers and a one-stop shop for mobility services.
At the Spanish Pilot Site, on the Test Site of Vigo, CTAG has deployed 3 of the services running on the MOBiNET platform: RTTI (Real Time Traffic Information), GLOSA (Green Light Optimal Speed Advice) and MMTA (MultiModal Travel Advice).
The RTTI service provides data about traffic status using inductive loops data all around the country. The MMTA service includes information about train, buses and in this site specially boats. In the case of GLOSA, in the Test Site of Vigo there is 1 traffic light at the CTAG Test Track, for pre-tests and verification of the system, and 1 traffic light in the City of Vigo for the validation of the system on real environment. These services, and the MOBiNET platform itself, are validated on desk, public roads and CTAG private test track with participants to provide results and make improvements to the next version of the MOBiNET platform and services.
For more information please visit http://www.mobinet.eu/