Examples of work carried out in this laboratory:
- Temperature and humidity cycle tests on isolated component, subsystems or full vehicle, combined with radiation and reproduction of the effects of external agents.
- Solar radiation tests combined with temperature, humidity, fatigue, etc.
- Salt mist tests (with continuous spraying or cyclic with temperature and humidity control).
- Light ageing tests (Weather-Ometer).
- Ozone resistance tests in order to study the degradation or crocodiling of plastics and rubbers.
- Thermal impact tests with sharp temperature changes on components.
- Tests combined with vibration ageing.
- Durability tests under weather conditions.
- Environmental uniformity and stability studies under temperature, humidity and radiation.
- Collaboration on new materials development projects for the automobile sector, studies on different sources of infrared radiation…
- Full vehicle climatic chamber with solar radiation system.
- Climatic chambers combined with shakers.
- Thermal impact chamber. It allows for automatic sharp temperature changes on components.
- Climatic chamber with solar radiation simulation according to DIN 75220.
- Salt mist chamber for corrosion tests combined with humidity.
- Ozone resistance chamber. Tests are carried out on rubber and plastics alterable by this gas in order to study their degradation or crocodiling.
- Chamber for testing resistance to light and weather conditions – Weather-Ometer- where accelerated ageing is achieved by sunlight exposure.
- Other equipments: small climatic chambers, stoves, freezer with forced air circulation…