- This is the XIII National Congress of Composite Materials (MATCOMP 2019), to be held in Vigo from July 3 to 5
- The Congress, promoted by AEMAC and organised by CTAG and the University of Vigo, is the most important in the field of composite and high-performance materials in Spain
- In this edition, there will be more than 200 presentations and posters and more abstracts were received than in the whole history of MATCOMP
- Less than a month away, there are very few places left
- The president of CSIC, Rosa María Menéndez López, Gilles Ausias, from the University of Southern Brittany, Juan José Vilatela, from the IMDEA Materials Institute and Luis Miguel Requejo Morcillo, governmental expert from the European Defense Agency, will be some of the experts that will participate in the event
- CTAG and the University of Vigo, as co-organisers, will focus the theme of this edition on the impact of composites on Industry 4.0 and the Circular Economy
From July 3 to 5 Vigo will host the event of reference at academic, scientific and business levels in the field of composite materials. The Spanish Association of Composite Materials, AEMAC, will hold the XIII Edition of the National Congress of Composite Materials, MATCOMP 2019 in which the latest advances in composites will be shared with national and international experts.
CTAG, Automotive Technology Centre of Galicia and the University of Vigo (UVigo) promoted the selection of Vigo as the venue for the event, so MATCOMP will be held for the first time in its history in Galicia. In this edition, there will be more than 200 presentations and posters and more abstracts were received than in the whole history of MATCOMP.
With CTAG and the University of Vigo as co-organisers, this edition will give a greater presence to the automotive sector, due to the challenges and barriers that new materials must overcome to access such a competitive environment in terms of costs and times. In this way, during the Congress, a thematic session will be held with international experts on the use of composites in automobiles and their role in the transformation of the automotive industry.
On the other hand, the congress will also try to reinforce the impact of composites on Industry 4.0 and on the Circular Economy, betting on the automation of processes, as well as on technologies that promote recycling and sustainability of composite materials, so that processes and products will be more efficient from the environmental point of view.
This congress is open to the participation of all those companies, researchers, entrepreneurs, professionals and students interested in sending their scientific contributions, presenting their products or attending the congress.
You may download the full press release.
If you are interested in attending the congress, you can register through https://matcomp19.com/inscripciones/